Tuesday, July 13, 2010

♥ Franken X 3 with Claire's 'Hollywood' ♥

In no way shape or form am I comparing these 3 frankens to China Glaze Atlantis..... I just whipped these up one day and decided to name them after lost cities.

I made all three of these with Claire's Hollywood, a lovely multi-sized holographic glitter, and three fabulous Wet n' Wild polish's that ARE ON SALE RIGHT IN A DISPLAY AT MY TOWNS WALMART AT 2 FOR $2.00 CAD. This is a good time to stock up as I have made sooooooo many fabulous frankens with these Wet n' Wild polish's and just white or other colours in the Wet n' Wild core collection. When I spotted these in the display rack they were almost all sold out, just a  few pinks and clear.


I have applied 2 coats of each glitter franken over 2 coats of N.Y.C. Skin Tight Denim. When i was certain it was dry ( or close to it ) i applied a rediculously thick coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat.

L to R - w/Blue Sapphire,  w/ Caribbean Frost, w/ Bijou Blue, and alone =  all 2 coats each

Flash

uhhhhhhh....ummm indoor fluorescent?
Left to Right- 

Claire's Hollywood -  A fabulous multi-sized holographic Glitter

Wet n' Wild  Blue Sapphire a gorgeous must have shimmery blue

Franken -  Lyonesse -  Another mythical city that sank beneath the Oceans (from wiki )

Wet n' Wild Caribbean Frost -   A sheer but very pretty greenish frosty teal (I have never worn this for a full mani ? what??? This needed like 3 coats to get to the opaque bottle colour,

Franken - Bimini Road, which is Claire's Hollywood with Wn'W Caribbean Frost, this frost polish is not ideal for the jelly-ish base that a glitter polish requires, but it still turned out pretty.

Wet n' Wild Bijou Blue - A lovely shimmery light blue, needs 3 coats to opacity. I have not done a full mani with this either..... Really?

Franken - Bjaramand - another lost city

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have made alot of awesome frankens with these 3 Wet n' Wild polish's I think I need to do a round up post of all the frankens I have made - yep, I do.


Here is a  few more photos - I think I will be adding some of that awesome Dollarrama Glitter (or The Dollar Tree glitter for people in the US ) to these in their respective shades. Just that tiny bit of coloured polish in the clear base of Claire's Hollywood made a big difference, and I think having glitter that matches the base colour of the polish I used will really add alot to these glitter frankens.

Also did you know there is a fan page on FB for the Dollar tree? -  Thats friggen awesome also there is tonnes of blogs and websites for people who make cool stuff and find awesome things there, too. The dollarama FB fan pages aren't so spectacular - but it is an awesome store with cool goodies, too.

Anyhoo - here is a few more photos - along with the box of nails I am wearing right now. I took a tonne of photos on the application of these 'Couture' false nails = and that will be my next post.


These are the next nails I will be putting on...........


Sun

Thumb - N.Y.C. Skin Tight Denim

Shade

No comments:

Post a Comment