Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chevron Nails


Nail tip guides are awesome to have around. This was easy to do and I think it looks really cool! I have tried to do scotch tape mani's and I suck at them, so I will stick to free-hand stuff or use french tip guides.

I started with a base of Sally Hansen Complete Salon in Madame X - this is a very bright hot pink creme leaning towards orange. I couldn't take 1 non-fuzzy photo of it, as my camera doesn't like these types of bright pinks.

I used chevron french tip guides that I purchased in a nail art set from The Dollar Rama ( Canada ) and used Sally Hansen Complete Salon polish in Trouble Maker - a very pretty medium purple creme. I picked up both of these polish's on the bargain rack at Walmart for $1.00 = SCORE!!!!!


I am resisting the urge to trace over all the line with a fine silver glitter stripe nail art polish......

3 coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Madame X

Kiss nail tip guides.... HERE is the set I found these in 

  I applied the nail tip guides to my nails........

Then added 2 coats of Sally Hansen CSM Trouble Maker

 when the polish was 'sorta' dry I peeled off the nail tip guides, then added a coat of TC. I definitely will need 2 coats of top coat for this mani. I find that whenever I use nail tip guides there is always lumpy, bumpy ridges. I usually add a glitter stripe polish to these lines.

 ..... and my clean-up brush SNAPPED IN HALF MID-USE!!!!It flew half-way across the room! lol
o



No comments:

Post a Comment