Monday, January 17, 2011

SH Chrome Turquoise, Icing Sandy Beach & Art Deco silver stripe



This is my 'go-to' nail art when I can't think of something to do for my mani's. I started with 2 coats of Sandy Beach from Icing ( by Claire's ), then applied Nailene French Tip Guides on the diagonal across my nail, added 1 careful coat of an older Sally Hansen Polish called Turquoise, for their chrome collection  IN A SQUARE BOTTLE, I remove3d the french tip guides and traced where the two polish's meet with Art Deco silver glitter. When I was certain it was 'sorta' dry, I applied a coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat.

This is a super-duper easy look to achieve, further on in this post is a terrible free-hand funky french I tried to do = FAIL! I can pull off a chevron french manicure just fine - but a regular french manicure I cannot do! So hats off to those who can do that♥



LOL- half way through my nail art - i like how my fingers look all clumsy grasping the bottle


my ONLY photo with TC - my camera died 1/2 way through my photos!


w/ Sally Hansen Chrome in Turquoise IN A SQUARE BOTTLE!!!!!!

LA Colors Art Deco silver stripe glitter - a fine silver glitter

another angle.....



........dim mysterious lighting

..... and a fail I though I would share, I started with 2 coats of Icing Sandy Beach, then tried to free-hand a french mani - NOT HAPPENING, I planned on adding Wet N Wild Sparked because I knew it would help disguise the line and it is a fabulous pink glitter, but it was very thick and ruined this mani further - so I took it off and did something else instead. I'll have to pick up another bottle of WnW sparked very soon - I have had that for a looooooong time and I must have left it open at some point....

I will keep practicing though, if it is a straight line, I can do a decent job without tip guides, but if it is in the least bit outta whack, or it looks woobly or wavy I will stare at it all day, and it will drive me nutz!!!! I cover it up with glitter or just remove it. So now I just use tip guides, mailing labels, tape or whatever I have to try to create a pretty perfect mani.




No comments:

Post a Comment