Tuesday, June 29, 2010

♥ Claire's Yellow Brick Road & Franken plus $1 store nail gems ♥

Claire's Yellow Brick Road with Yellow Brick Road Franken

Here is an easy and cute way to stretch a mani - I always end up doing some diagonal design, and this time I wanted to use patterned scissors. I also experimented with blue tape, I had to apply it to a the backing from a mailing label to cut it. The scissors I used were not that great and it was difficult to cut through both materials. Both the blue tape and the mailing labels had the same result. There was very little gooey residue and very little seepage.

The base of this mani is 3 coats of a franken I made using Claire's Yellow Brick Road and Billie French White. The chicks at Claire's gave me the side eye when I bough 4 bottles of this....  I have whipped up so many cool frankens with this polish = I wish I bought more!!!!! I actually wore this plain for a whole 24 hours before I decided to jazz it up. I applied the patterned nail guides I made then swiped on 3 thin coats of Claire's Yellow Brick Road which pooled substantially at the nail guides, but is only noticable up close..... very, very close.

  Because Yellow Brick Road is a neon it dried super duper fast and super duper dull.... when I was sure it was dry I removed the nail guides, and applied a coat of clear polish before I applied 2 coats of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat. Viola! This was a perfect mani for the gloomy morning we had - thankfully we got some sun so I am not gonna complain

Also I found some awesome nail gems from Dollar-rama...... These were the last two unfortunately otherwise I would have grabbed a few extra - BLACK nail gems = yeah!  THESE WERE IN THE CRAFT SECTION ♥



 
Below; these cute crystal wheels were only $1.00 CA each! they were the last two ( grrrrrrrrr ) I love all the neat clear ones below - the squares and rectangles are different . They are low profile too, which means less snagging on clothes and other things I was totally psyched to see BLACK crystals but there is way, way less of those than the other colours..... I will have to start stalking DollarRama again, I am trying to avoid it but I really really want to find some more of these.
 
$1 CAD @ DollarRama -

$1 CAD @ DollarRama -

And an E.L.F. eyeshadow brush.....

Sun

Shade

L - Claire's Yellow Brick Road R- Franken made with Billie White and Claire's Yellow Brick Road

Because these scissors are not so great, I removed 1/2 of a mailing label and stuck the tape on this area to cut it. Trying to cut this blue tape on it's own was impossible with these wavy scissors. This was my first try using blue tape......its the same result as the mailing labels.




I like this kind of nail art.... I can easily do it on my RIGHT hand♥

Franken I made using Claire's Yellow Brick Road and Billie French White. This is 3 coats, and there is a little streaky-ness. This dried soooooo fast, almost as I was applying it. Because the two polish's I used were both satin/matte it needed 2 coats of T.C. But first I applied a coat of CLEAR polish, this Billie White often gets picked up in my T.C., so I am taking preventative measures now......

Sun

Shade

Shade with Flash

No comments:

Post a Comment