Wednesday, May 12, 2010

♥ Sally Hansen 'Blue It' with sponged Billie 'Steel Blue' ♥

Sally Hansen 'Blue It' with Billie 'Steel Blue' & Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat

Another fabulous Sally Hansen Extreme Wear Polish. 'Blue It' is a rich shimmery medium blue. It requires 2 to 3 coats, applies perfectly, dries fast and held up well without top coat for the afternoon. I sponged on Billie 'Steel Blue' then used a sheer sparkly franken I made to cover the entire nail. I mixed approximately 2/3 of a bottle of clear nail polish with a few drops of Billie 'Steel Blue'. I wanted to achieve a subtle silver sparkle with a teal metallic base to use as a layering polish. It is very subtle and will need some good pic's outdoors in the sun.

Sponge mani's are perfect for disguising polish flaws and tip wear. It's been a while since I have done one. I also have to add, that adding a few drops of a foil polish to a clear nail polish makes a beautiful layering polish. The sparkle is extremely subtle and can be used to save a trashed mani.

Blue Steel 3 coats with NO Top Coat


Summer is 'sorta' on the way

Stuff I used



I use ordinary kitchen sponges for my sponge manis - you can use any dense sponge. I just cut these into little squares and am sure to use a new section once one section dries out.















3 coats S.H. 'Blue It' no T.C.

Billie 'Steel Blue' sponged on

Left- with the sheer sparkly layering franken polish, Right- with just Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat




No comments:

Post a Comment