Thursday, May 13, 2010

♥ 'My Prescious' - franken made with an old, old Sally Hansen ♥

Franken  My Precious 3 thin coats with 2 coats of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat

Firstly - there is like 30 photos in this post - sorry, I had to post them all. I'm glad I have alot of previous manicure photos on my desktop, becuase I am enchanted with this franken I made and don't want to take it off. I made this franken polish with Sally Hansen Maximum Growth 'Opal Truth' and Claire's 'Matte Cobalt'. I fulled up an empty bottle of Revlon Color Stay 1/2 way with the Sally Hansen Opal Truth, then added approximately 10 drops of the 'Matte Cobalt'.

I imagined that these 3 frankens would be very sheer, and planned to use them as layering polish...... But they are holding their own and are great at three thin coats. All three maintained the intense shimmer from the S.H. 'Opal truth' The teal polish, in the middle was made with Chg 'Shower Together is really cool. It is a teal shimmer with a pink flash - how cool is that! I named it 'Shower For Three' = That I will definitely be wearing next.

I saw this very same Sally Hansen Polish on MUA for trade, remembered that I had it and decided to pull it out of my stash and make some frankens with it. No sense of it just sitting in a box when I could put it to good use ♥.

When I'm ready to take this mani off, I will do a comparison with Claire's Magic. I'm super duper happy that I used a pretty polish that I never wear, and made something beautiful out of it. Below is a photo of the three frankens I made using Sally Hansen 'Opal Truth'. I will do a skittlez eventually and wear these beauties as full mani's. I love opalescent polish's - they are usually easy to find in discount and clearance sections and they make great frankens.

L to R -  I filled up these old empty Revlon Color Stay bottles 1/2 way with Sally Hansen Maximum Growth 'Opal Truth' I used Sally Hansen 'Radish' ( dark vampy purple) China Glaze 'Shower Together'  and Claire's  'Matte Cobalt'. 

I named them L to R- 'Natural Radish', 'A Shower for Three' and 'My Precious'. I have already modeled 'Natural Radish HERE, and will be wearing 'A Shower for Three'  ( or 'Shower 4-3' what'ev's ) next!


Here's a million photo's.  It's a bit overkill, but i was just so happy to have natural sun that i literally took 99 photos outside and of course Blurples are ridiculously hard to photograph. Thankfully I had a little bit of sunshine here around supper-time, so I got some gorgeous outdoor photos. It's so bizarre that cameras cannot capture these kinds of weird blue/purples.

Sun

Indoor fluorescent

Cloudy

Flash

Sun

Shade

Sun

Sun

Sun

Sun

Sun

Sun

Overcast / Cloudy

Flash

Shade

Sun

Sun

Setting Sun

 Shade

Sun

Indoor fluorescent

Indoor fluorescent



Thank You sooooooo Much Sally Hansen Polish 'Opal Truth' I will never forget you and your memory will live on in these three gorgeous frankens I made.




No comments:

Post a Comment