Monday, July 9, 2012

Sure about that? 4th of July nails fails X2


Above is Sally Hansen Diamond Chrome with Love my Nails Glory. 2 coats of each and a coat of TC. That's what I ended up wearing for the real Independence day. Below is another 4th of July attempt that did not turn out as planned. 

I started with 3 coats of Wet n Wild White, then added a coat of Clear and sprinkled on a mix of some pretty red and blue bar glitter that I found at Micheal's Crafts store.... The glitter bled into the clear polish - boo - but I will work with this and try again with another glitter/polish combo. It does have an interesting look to it but I was hoping for some stunning red and blue bar glitter on a pure white base.

On my ring nails I added some silver stars..... that turned out all right. Also these are my real nails, I was doing some fun paper mache projects during the holiday weekend as well as digging in the garden.

 Index nail ( far right ) has a coat of Clear polish - which made the glitter bleed....

glitter I used

and the finished Mani ( lol )
o



No comments:

Post a Comment