Thursday, May 24, 2012

Why?


The colour and formula on Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polish's is impressive, but the double polish configuration from Summer 2011 is just ridiculous. I have nothing but praise for Sally Hansen Nail products but this one has me scratching my head. I picked this up just after X-mas, wore each polish on it's own shortly after then tucked it into my deez-elemer, forgetting about if for several months.....

Since that time I had noticed a strong nail polish-ey scent in my craft room/make beleive nail salon, but could not figure out where it was coming from. I meticulously inspected each bottle I own, ensuring that they were properly closed and that there were no cracks or flaws in the bottle caps but I could not figure out what it was. 


..... it was this polish bottle, grrrrrrrrr, It did not seal properly so month after month the polish chemicals were evaporating!


The colours are fabulous and this combination is eye-catching but the deliver sucks. I am not surprised they dont sell these anymore ( at least up here )
















The yellow polish, Lightening, is a nice shade of yellow. On my ring nail is Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow for comparison ( If you have a hankering for a nice yellow polish, just buy this instead). To paint my nails I had to yank out the brush stem and use that instead of that weird oblong cap.... and I didn't do a very good job.


and the lovely chevron mani


messy and not worth it - but I only paid a buck for this polish duo so I shouldn't complain - but i will

After decanting the polish into cute mini bottles -  I can safely say I will never do this again.... there was polish everywhere! These two polishs are dupes to the X-treme Wear polish's pictured below. The X-treme Wear polish's are way easier to work with, more ecenomical in volume and have lids that close properly.

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lightening = Sally Hansen X-treme Wear Mellow Yellow
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Brisk Blue = Sally Hansen X-treme Wear Blue Me Away
 

My mani today is a basic ruffian, I used nail tip guides at the base of my nails becuase my free-hand ruffian manis never look right to me. Below is 2 coats of the Insta Dri in Lightening

I applied the deep french curve at the base of my nail

added 2 coats of the brisk blue

waited till it sorta dried, then removed the french tip guides and added a coat of TC

This colour combo is pretty awesome.......

.....and 1 more photo
o

No comments:

Post a Comment