Sunday, March 6, 2011

PLUG YOUR BLOG please & ...meh ~ some more St. patty's day nail art


EDIT: wow! there is alot I have missed out on! Thanks for adding your nail blog to my blog roll. Keep em coming!

please leave your nail blog link in the comments, I am parking my bunz in front of the computer tomorrow and updating my blog roll..... I have tried to keep up with adding new blogs to my blog roll but i find I am still missing some.

My last 2 mani's are just meh.... both had potential but I wasn't totally happy with them.


for today's mani
2 coats of franken polish Shamrock shake
2 coats of Finger Paints A Though Art To Follow
Billie Gold along the smile line
Confetti My Favorite Martian 1 coat layered over the tips

For today's mani, this is 2 coats of an older franken polish I made called Shamrock shake..... I was trying to copy the Clinique cosmetic company's signature colour but I did not quite get it. It is still a beautiful franken polish. Here is a photo from a previous mani.....


a sunshine photo!!!!!

....also, here is those cute little beads from the dollarrama, the colour did bleed when I applied TC over them, I will try to place them into wet polish as opposed to using a top coat sandwich to adhere them to my nails. I wanted to do all my nails with these cute beads but I opted for something more flashy. I wanted to see how long they would hang on and they lasted through the day, so I imagine they are like rhinestones or any other dimensional nail art pieces..... It did not take as long as I imagined to add these to my nails and I will likely try this again sometime soon.


......and I was wrong about my post yesterday, this was 2 coats of the Sinful Colors Call You Later glitter, here is a photo of it in the sun, just for fun.

Here is another nail art look I did, The base is Icing Sour Apple, a shimmery lite apple green with slight golden iridescence, I added  Sally Hansen XW in Emerald City to the tips of my nails in a reverse french curve - without the curved french tips guides - I just bought some regular french tip nail guides and misplaced them......

I added hexagon glitter in gold and green, following the curve of my nails. I love how this turned out but destroyed this mani before I could take quality pictures of it. I have so many of these hexagon craft glitters in different colours, they do go a long way in nail art. I adhered them with clear polish - which dried way to fast. i need to find a crappy slow drying clear nail polish for this type of thing.

It looked better IRL


anyhoo - back to today's mani. I started with 2 coats of a franken I made Shamrock shake, then added 2 coats of Finger Paints A Though Art To Follow which is a fabulous dark swampy green free hand across the tips of my nails. I traced the line with a gold foil polish from Billie but covered it up with Confetti My Favorite Martian. I didn't really like this mani but the confetti polish saved it.  I love that green glass flecked polish.

L - 2 coats of Finger Paints Tough Art To Follow - R - 1 coat

w/ Billie Gold & 1 coat of Confetti My Favorite Martian

before I added the Confetti MFM polish



No comments:

Post a Comment