Friday, June 25, 2010

♥ Super Chrome Anemone Diamond & Firey Pink Diamond Chevron ♥

Sally Hansen Super Chrome Anemone Diamond & Fiery Pink Diamond with Nailene Nail crystals.

Here is a pretty chevron french tip mani that I did using Sally Hansen Anemone Diamond Chrome as the base, and Sally Hansen Fiery Pink Diamond for the tips. I started out with 2 coats of Anemone Diamond, and applied a coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top coat. After wearing this alone for the day I needed to add something too it, so I cut a Nailene Straight French Tip guide in half and affixed them to my nails to create a point.


 I think both of these names for these chrome polish's are off..... Anemones are sea creatures or flowers and very few of them are this colour=  I think it should be called "Heavy Metal Mulberry". The pink shade I used for my tips.....does not really fit into the fire category...... I think instead of Fiery Pink Diamond it should be called "Robot Bubble Gum".


I then applied 2 thin coats of Sally Hansen Fiery Pink Diamond Chrome to the tips and when that was dry, I removed the tip guides and affixed a crystal to the point of the chevron using Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat. Normally I just use nail glue but I wanted to experiment and see how long it would hold = it actually held up pretty well, but I recommend using Nail Glue to keep these crystals on your nails.

I did not apply top coat to my whole nail as I usually do; I have been  swatching alot the last few days, and although I imagined this colour combo was just not 'me' I ended up really liking it. They are such girly girl colours.

anyhoo - here is a million photos ( 17 in total ) but I wanted to show how I 'made' these chevron tip guides..... you used to be able to easily find these in stores, but I guess they are not in style any more. I did my thumb free hand which is amazing = = but there is no way I could pull that off on my NON dominant hand.


Hope everyone has a lovely weekend ! ♥

Flash

Sally Hansen Chrome Anemone Diamond - early a.m. Sunshine
2 coats with 1 coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat


Sun

Shade

with Fiery Pink Diamond tips = Shade

The crystals I used......Nailene and I believe are still available

I cut the straight Nailene Tip Guides in half
Affixed them to my nail .....
like this...............
.......another photo
applied 2 thin coats of a very pretty chrome polish Sally Hansen Fiery Pink Diamond. - - My goodness these dry fast!
Remove Tip Guides
Apply crystal..... I put it right on the line between the two shades..... normally I would apply top coat after removing the tip guides......just being a lazy bunzzzzz.


















In the shade


An indoor florescent photo featuring my nubbin thumb that I free-hand chevron-ed ( is that a word )

No comments:

Post a Comment