Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pure Ice Rio & Maybelline Violet Aluminum ( again )




Maybelline Violet Aluminum, 1 coat, followed by 2 coats of an older Sally Hansen HAN polish called Grape Pop, and 3 coats of Pure Ice Rio. My camera and lighting situation is not picking up those pretty blurple flecks in Pure Ice Rio ( I promise that is my last complaint about my light issuez.....)

Maybelline Violet Aluminum is is gorgeous bright magenta, (fuchsia). When I think of 'violet' I think of purple, as in African violets, or hyacinth's; that type of washed-out blue toned purple....but that's just my opinion. When you Google 'violet' not a lot of items come up that are the colour of this polish.

This is an older polish that I found at a now closed store in my town. This polish is on the thick side because it is older, but it applied perfectly and dried very fast, I wish I bought more of these Maybelline Express Finish polish's when I spotted them.







indoor flourescent

shade








... whoops! This was a photo before I added Pure Ice Rio so 1 coat of Maybelline Express Finish Violet Aluminum, and 2 thin coats of Sally Hansen Grape Pop. SH Grape Pop is a sparkly grape colored jelly polish.



Middle nail ( second from top ) is 1 coat of Maybelline Violet Aluminum, the rest of my nails have 2 coats of Sally Hansen Grape Pop layered over 1 coat of Violet Aluminum.



No comments:

Post a Comment