Friday, July 2, 2010

♥ Shiny Disco Balls ♥

Shiny Disco Balls Friday Night Concept Mani

I ♥ Daft Punk......





Here is an awesome Friday night concept Mani that I did using these cooooooooool  super reflective square glitters. I got these from my mom and immediately thought of a disco ball! I decided to place them fading away from the tips of my nails and used a rich black as the base..... I used clear polish to adhere these to my nails - I did this in 3 layers and when it was dry I then applied a coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat.

These false nails are not glued on = I used sticky tabs for these nails.... there is nooooooo way I would ever try to remove this many layers of glitter or embellishment from my nails. I think these super-reflective glitter pieces will look cool in future nail art. They are very very reflective , and easy to work with.

I applied 2 coats of Billie Black and when it was dry I slapped on a coat of clear polish - I used a toothpick to pick up the glitter pieces and place them where I wanted to place them. I licked the end of a tooth pick in order to pick up the square pieces of glitter one at a time and then placed it on my nail. It took a while but it was fun to do.

I think I put the clear polish on too thick, becuase there are some bubbles = oops! it still looks cool.

Here is a million more photos plus I found this exact same style of glitter at the thrift store as well as some weird hair glitter I have never heard of but is going to make a lovely glittery Mani some day♥.





shade

sun

indoor flourescent



These are exactly like the ones on my nails, only gold!!!!

Has anyone ever heard of this before...... its neat and these glitters are really cool, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment